Checklist to Confirm Housing
Process to Confirm Housing at UMass Boston
We hope you are excited to live on campus at UMass Boston in a brand-new residence hall, overlooking the water and just minutes from downtown Boston. Here are the steps you must complete to secure a room:
Apply For Admission to UMass Boston
- Apply for admission to UMass Boston
- Indicate your interest to live ‘On Campus’
- Applications must be submitted by the March 1st Regular Decision deadline. Students are encouraged to apply by the November 1st Early Action deadline, however students who meet the March 1st Regular Decision deadline may also indicate their interest in ‘On Campus’ housing.
Complete the Housing Application
- Complete the housing application
- You will be asked for your housing preference and the information will be used for roommate matching and room selection purposes
Submit Enrollment Deposit
- Once accepted to UMass Boston, submit the $200 new student enrollment deposit to hold your seat at the university.
- This can be done online.
- The enrollment deposit should be submitted as early as possible once you have been accepted, but no later than May 1st.
Submit Housing Reservation Fee
- Submit the $300 housing reservation fee.
- This can be submitted with the new student enrollment deposit online
- The housing reservation fee should be submitted as early as possible once accepted to UMass Boston
- Housing reservation fees will be processed on a first-come first-served basis until the residence hall reaches capacity
- Please Note:
- The housing reservation fee is refundable prior to May 1st unless you have submitted a signed housing license agreement. At that time, the cancellation policy of the agreement will be in effect
- New Student Enrollment Deposit and Housing Reservation Fee refunds must be requested in writing at email@example.com by May 1st.
Receive Housing License Agreement Packet
- Upon completion of the above four items, a housing license agreement packet will be sent to you based on the date of payment of the new student enrollment deposit AND the housing reservation fee
- In the event of low availability, students turning in their new student enrollment deposit and reservation fees on the same day will be given priority based on the date of their housing application
Complete License Agreement Packet
- All items in the housing license agreement packet (License Agreement, Meningitis Waiver, and Guarantor form) can be completed electronically.
- Once the License Agreement packet is received, you will be emailed confirmation that your housing is secured
- Early Action applicants must complete all steps including returning the signed License Agreement Packet on or before February 15th to be guaranteed housing.
Complete Meal Plan Contract
- With the confirmation of your housing, you will be sent information on how to complete the meal plan contract
- All residents are required to have a meal plan