Picture yourself at HomeIn Boston’s Newest Campus Housing.
Wake up on campus. Be in class in minutes. No commuting or traffic to deal with.
Meet new people, get involved and have easy access to campus services.
Give yourself a headstart in meeting your goals. Living on campus gives you easier access to campus programs, support centers and staff.
Care. Connect. Success.
Live on-campus in our brand new residential community and enjoy a university experience unlike any previous UMass Boston student. The community not only features a full-service dining facility and living-learning programs, but also puts you in the middle of campus life and amenities.
Living on campus accelerates your personal growth, enhances opportunities to meet people and provides additional support for academic success. Living and learning in Boston has never been better!
Here are just a few things you can take advantage of as a resident:
- Classrooms and study lounges in the building.
- 24-hour service desk.
- Xfinity streaming service.
- Internet, both hard-wired and wi-fi.
- 24-hour on-call maintenance and facilities staff.
- Community kitchen and laundry facilities.
- All-you-care-to-eat dining hall downstairs.
Enjoy the convenience of living on-campus.
Start your journey to live on-campus today.
Benefits of living on-campus
- Develop life-long friendships.
- Be more involved on campus.
- Broaden your perspectives.
- Easy access to faculty and staff.
- No daily commuting expenses or headaches.
- No separate utility bills.
- No need to cook for yourself (with purchase of meal plan).
- Live in close proximity to the MBTA JFK/UMass Red Line subway station.
- Sign up for academic year housing contract.
- Summer housing options available.
Take advantage of opportunities to explore different cultures and ideas.
Take your first step to independence.
Studies show that students who live on campus tend to:
- Complete more credit hours and have higher GPAs.
- Persist and graduate with greater frequency.
- Finish college in less time.
- Become more involved with the campus community.
- Show greater gains in student development, self-confidence, public speaking ability, self-esteem and self-reliance.
- Express greater satisfaction with their undergraduate experience.
Some parents/guardians feel more comfortable when their students live in university-sponsored housing for their first year of college. Living on campus can provide a perfect first step for students to live independently, but not worry about paying rent, utilities and everything else associated with renting an apartment.
There are also professional and student staff members who provide support for residents and are available around-the-clock to respond to emergency situations which may arise. The 24-hour service desk staff and Public Safety officer patrols provide additional resources to residents.
Living on campus truly offers students a chance to start developing important life skills needed for adulthood, without the stress and responsibility of being completely on their own.
By talking with our Department of Housing & Residential Life
Campus Center Suite 2300 | Division of Student Affairs